Accreditation and Affiliations
Tarrant County College (TCC) is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679- 4500, or http://www.sacscoc.org, for questions about the accreditation of Tarrant County College.
The threefold purpose for publishing the Commission’s address and contact number is to enable interested constituents (1) to learn about the accreditation status of Tarrant County College District, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of Tarrant County College District’s decennial review or (3) to file a complaint against Tarrant County College District for alleged noncompliance with a standard or requirement.
Normal inquiries about Tarrant County College District, such as admission requirements, financial aid, and educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Tarrant County College District and not to the Commission’s Office.
TCC’s educational programs and courses are approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Memberships also are held in the Texas Association of Community Colleges, Association of Texas Colleges and Universities, and the American Association of Community Colleges.
Tarrant County College District, a comprehensive two-year institution established in 1965, is dedicated to providing quality education that exceeds the expectations of the people of Tarrant County. Accordingly, the mission is as follows:
Tarrant County College provides affordable and open access to quality teaching and learning.
Tarrant County College District has developed the following goals to fulfill the mission of the College.
- Support student learning and success through excellence in teaching and learning, support services, flexible instructional delivery systems, student engagement, learning outcomes assessment, and dynamic curricula.
- Ensure affordability, accessibility and diversity reflective of the community.
- Promote institutional effectiveness through continuous improvement, collaboration with and service to the community, employee engagement, professional development and optimal environment conducive to quality teaching and learning.
Role and Scope
The College implements its mission through a clearly defined set of programs, services and partnerships that include:
- University transfer programs;
- Workforce education programs;
- Technical programs;
- Developmental courses;
- Adult literacy courses;
- Online courses;
- Community & Industry Education;
- An extensive curriculum; a highly qualified, enthusiastic, innovative faculty and staff; appropriate technology, equipment, and learning resources; diverse modes of instruction and delivery; support services to foster student success; work and partnerships in support of the cultural and economic development of the community; and
- A commitment to institutional effectiveness, an ongoing process of self- examination, self-improvement, and an unending pursuit of excellence.
Statement of Vision
Tarrant County College will be a nationally recognized community college of choice for academic excellence and lifelong learning.
Statement of Values
Tarrant County College is committed to the following values:
Student Success–belief in providing quality instruction, resources, and support services to assist our students in achieving their lifelong goals;
Access–belief in providing educational opportunities for all members of the community;
Excellence–belief in providing outstanding quality in educational programs, administrative support, and services to its students, faculty and staff;
Service to the Community–belief in the importance of engaging with the community to enhance economic vitality and quality of life;
Diversity–belief that the College should reflect the diversity of the community;
Innovation and Creativity–belief in cultivating a learning environment that evaluates and incorporates emerging technologies and methodologies to enhance the quality of instruction and administrative support for our students, faculty and staff.