Total Degree Hours: 66
* Creative Arts/Language, Philosophy, and Culture must be chosen from the corresponding section of the Core Curriculum .
Special Admissions Criteria and Program Information:
All applicants to the Respiratory Care Program are required to attend an information session before the application deadline. Complete detail of the Respiratory Care program admissions process may be found at www.tccd.edu/resp.
- Students must be TSI compliant
- Hold a TCCD Student Colleague Number
- Must meet with the CTE advisor
- Currently have minimum GPA of 2.5
- Successfully Complete the HESI A2 Entrance Exam with a minimum score of 70 in each section
- IELTS 6.5 minimum score or TOEFL iBT test with 83 as a minimum score for ESL students
This program is a selective admissions offering. For details regarding the process please visit the homepage of the Respiratory Care program found at www.tccd.edu/resp.
Prior to application students with international college credits must contact International Admissions 817-515-1570.
Once admitted to the program students must maintain a minimum grade of “C” (75%) in all courses found within the degree plan.
Students who are selected for admission must perform and pass a drug screening and criminal background check, both of which must report negative in order to remain in the program. Required immunizations must be completed prior to the beginning of classes. For details, go to www.tccd.edu/resp.
After successful completion of the above curriculum, the student meets the academic requirements to take the necessary examinations to become a registered Respiratory Therapist through the National Board for Respiratory Care and the Texas Department of State Health Services.
The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC), 1248 Harwood Road, Bedford, Texas 76021-4244.