Nov 27, 2021  
2020-2021 Catalog 
2020-2021 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Student Accessibility Resources

In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Student Accessibility Resources (SAR) provides equal access to College programs, services and activities for qualified students with disabilities.

Requests for an accommodation/equal access are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are determined based on the functional limitations caused by the disability and the supporting documentation provided.

Learning Diagnostician

TCC students who are experiencing ongoing academic difficulties that are interfering with their educational progress may be eligible for a referral to the TCC Learning Diagnostician for a possible learning disability (LD). The Learning Diagnostician is available to assess educational needs and learning styles of currently enrolled TCC students. This individual provides psycho-educational diagnostic information and works cooperatively with Student Accessibility Resources Coordinators to provide the most appropriate academic adjustments for students with learning disabilities. 

Students may receive a referral to meet with the District Learning Diagnostician by contacting the Coordinator of Student Accessibility Resources. Veterans who need educational evaluations to supplement other assessment information, should contact the Veterans Counselor on their campus.

Service Animals on Campus

Individuals with disabilities are permitted to be accompanied by their service animals. Service animals must always be under the control of their owner and must never be left unattended on campus or in automobiles. Students with a service animal on campus may, but are not required to register with Student Accessibility Resources. Emotional support animals are not considered service animals.

For additional information and eligibility requirements regarding Student Accessibility Resources, visit the TCC website, the SAR Procedures Manual and/or contact a campus SAR office.