Apr 01, 2023
Texas House Bill 1508 Licensing Requirements
House Bill 1508 Licensing Requirements
Notice to Students Pursuing a Tarrant County College Program That Prepares Them for an Occupational License:
Under Texas law, students who apply or enroll in a Tarrant County College program that may prepare them for an initial occupational license, and/or decide later to change to one of these programs, please be advised of the following:
- An individual who has been convicted of a crime may be ineligible for an occupational license after completing the related educational program.
- Each licensing authority that issues occupational licenses to students who complete educational programs must establish guidelines, including the reasons a particular crime is considered to relate to a particular license and any other standards that affect the decisions of the licensing authority.
- Local or county licensing authorities may issue additional guidelines related to criminal history. Applicants should contact their respective local or county licensing authority for more details.
- A person may request a criminal history evaluation letter regarding the personal eligibility for a license issued by a licensing authority under Texas Occupation Code 53.102.
This information is being provided to all students enrolled in or planning to enroll in a Tarrant County College program that prepares them for an occupational license regardless of whether the person has been convicted of a criminal offense.
Applicants to and enrollees of Tarrant County College are encouraged to review all applicable eligibility requirements related to the respective occupational license. Questions related to eligibility requirements should be directed to the applicable licensing authority.
Occupational License Program List
Fire Protection Technology
- Dental Hygiene, AAS
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography, AAS
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Emergency Medical Services, AAS
- Paramedic Program
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Health Information Technology, AAS
- Long Term Care Administration
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technology Advanced
- Medical Assistant
- Mental Health and Human Services, AAS
- Nuclear Medicine Technology, AAS
- Ophthalmic Technician, AAS
- Ophthalmic Assistant I
- Ophthalmic Assistant II
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Social Work
- Nursing, AAS
- Vocational Nursing
- Physical Therapist Assistant, AAS
- Radiologic Technology, AAS
- Computed Tomography Advanced
- Respiratory Care, AAS
- Surgical Technology, AAS
- Vascular Interventional Radiography
Sign Language Interpreter