Total Degree Hours: 60
* Creative Arts/Language, Philosophy, and Culture electives must be chosen from the corresponding section of the Core Curriculum .
Selective Admission Criteria:
All applicants to the Health Information Technology Program are required to attend an information session before the application deadline. Complete details of the Health Information Technology program admissions process may be on the TCC website.
- Students must be TSI compliant
- Hold a TCCD Student Colleague Number
- Must meet with the CTE advisor
- Currently have minimum GPA of 2.5
- Successfully complete the HESI A2 Entrance Exam with a minimum score of 70 in each section
- IELTS 6.5 minimum score or TOEFL iBT test 83 with a minimum score for ESL students
Prior to application, students with international college credits must contact the International Admissions office at 817-515-1570 to verify those courses that will transfer to TCC.
Once admitted to the program students must complete and earn a minimum grade of “C” (75%) in all courses found on the program’s degree plan.
Students who are selected for admission must perform and pass a drug screening and criminal background check prior to the start of the program. Required immunizations must be completed prior to the beginning of classes.
After satisfactory completion of the above curriculum, the student is eligible to take the national examination to become certified as a Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT). Graduates may also choose to sit for several medical coding certification exams.
The Tarrant County College Health Information Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM), 233 N. Michigan Avenue, 21st Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60601-5800. Phone 312-233-1100.