Total Degree Hours: 60
* Creative Arts/Language, Philosophy and Culture must be chosen from the corresponding section of the Core Curriculum .
** Mathematics competency is a prerequisite for this course.
# Credit-By-Examination may be earned for this course by LVNs, Military Medics, and Paramedics. Summer entry. Complete details of the Fast Track Option are provided on the TCC website.
Fall/Spring entry generic. Course sequence first year varies for spring.
Students are strongly urged to complete all general education requirements prior to entering the program.
Testing fees are assessed for all nursing theory courses.
Selective Admission Criteria:
Requirements for Applicants:
- All Biology courses (BIOL 2401 , BIOL 2402 and BIOL 2420 ) must have been completed prior to application to the Nursing Program.
- Completion of all courses required for the program with a grade of “C” or better.
- Completion of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) if native/first language is not English.
- A grade of C or better on the required course: BIOL 2401 , BIOL 2402 and BIOL 2420 .
- HESI A2 (75% or higher on Reading, Vocabulary, Grammar, Anatomy & Physiology, and Math) score on a standardized admission’s test.
Complete details of the nursing admissions process can be found on the TCC website.
Additional Requirements for Transfer Student Applicants:
- Admission to Tarrant County College
- Letter of good standing from dean or director of previously attended nursing program
- Copy of official transcript(s)
- Completion of tests for clinical component of program (DFWHC Orientation, HIPAA, TCC Nursing Student Handbook Examination, Dosage Calculation Examination) with passing scores
Some transfer students may be required to audit RNSG 1105 - Nursing Skills I .
Requirements for Students Admitted to the Nursing Program:
- Negative drug screen
- Background checks
- Proof of medical insurance
- Current healthcare provider CPR course (approved by the American Heart Association)
- Social Security card
- Participation in Nursing Program Orientation
- Current immunizations for the duration of the program
- Completion of all courses required for the program with a grade of “C” or better
- Completion of English Proficiency, if required
Applicants with a history of criminal charges, mental illness, or chemical dependency must request a Declaratory Order from the Texas Board of Nursing to determine eligibility for licensure prior to admission to the Nursing Program.
Any student admitted to the Nursing Program must meet the legal requirements for licensure by the Texas Board of Nursing. Upon successful completion of the program, the student is eligible to take the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX) for registered nurses.
The TCC Nursing Program is approved by the Texas Board of Nursing, https://www.bon.texas.gov ,and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, www.acenursing.org.