Total Degree Hours: 66
* Creative Arts/Language, Philosophy, and Culture must be chosen from the corresponding section of the Core Curriculum .
Selective Admission Criteria:
All applicants to the Physical Therapist Assistant Program are required to attend an information session before the application deadline. Complete details of the Physical Therapist Assistant program admission process may be found on the TCC website.
- Students must be TSI compliant
- Hold a TCCD Student Colleague Number
- Must meet with the CTE advisor
- Currently have Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Successfully Complete the HESI A2 Entrance Exam with a minimum score of 70 in each section
- IELTS 6.5 minimum score or TOEFL iBT test with 83 as the minimum score for ESL students
This program is a selective admissions offering.
Prior to application, students with international college credits must contact International Admissions 817-515-1570 to verify those courses that will transfer to TCCD.
Once admitted to the program, students must complete and earn a minimum grade of “C” (75%) in all courses found within the degree plan.
Students who are selected for admission must perform and pass a drug screening and a criminal background check prior to the start of program, both of which must report negative in order to remain in the program. Required immunizations must be completed prior to the beginning of classes.
After successful completion of the above curriculum, the student is eligible to take the national examination to become certified as a Registered Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA).
The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), Department of Accreditation, APTA, 1111 N. Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.