Total Degree Hours: 45
* Students are strongly urged to complete this course prior to entering the program.
** Credit Examination may be earned for this course by CNAs. Complete details of the CNA to LVN option are provided on the TCC website.
Special Admission Criteria:
Requirements for Applicants:
- The Biology class (BIOL 2401 ) must have been completed prior to application to the VN Program.
- Completion of all courses required for the program with a grade of C or better.
- Completion of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) if native/first language is not English.
For complete details regarding the VN program refer to the TCC website.
- A grade of C or better on the required course: BIOL 2401 .
- HESI A2 (75% or higher on Reading, Vocabulary, Grammar, Anatomy and Physiology, and Math) score on a standardized admission’s test.
Additional Requirements for Transfer Student Applicants:
- Admission to Tarrant County College.
- Letter of good standing from Dean or Director of previously attended nursing program.
- Copy of official transcript(s).
- Completion of tests for clinical component of program (DFWHC Orientation, HIPAA, TCC Nursing Student Handbook Examination, Dosage Calculation Examination) with passing scores.
Admitted to the VN Nursing Program:
- Negative drug screen
- Background checks
- Proof of medical insurance
- Current healthcare provider CPR course (approved by the American Heart Association)
- Social Security card
- Participation in a VN Program Orientation
- Current immunizations for the duration of the program
- Completion of all courses required for the program with a grade of C or better
- Completion of English Proficiency, if required
Applicants with a history of criminal charges, mental illness, or chemical dependency must request a Declaratory Order from the Texas Board of Nursing to determine eligibility for licensure prior to admission to the Vocational Nursing Program.
Any student admitted to the Vocational Nursing Program must meet the legal requirements for licensure by the Texas Board of Nursing. Upon successful completion of the program, the student is eligible to take the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX).
CNA to VN Option:
The CNA to VN Option is a program for certified nursing assistants.
Eligible requirements for the option include:
- Acceptance into the VN program
- Current certification as a CNA
Credit for the following courses can be earned through the credit-by-exam process: