Total Certificate Hours: 21
* Students who hold a valid ServSafe Manager Certificate may petition for Credits by Experience/Exam.
Selective Admission Criteria:
- Accepted by TCC as a student
- Have completed FDNS 1103 and HECO 1322 within the last five years with a “B” or better
Students who met the admission criteria and submitted a Dietetics Program Application will be accepted into the Dietary Manager program. Students who completed the certificate are eligible to sit for the national CDM (Certified Dietary Manager) credentialing examination.
- Students accepted into the program must undergo and receive a clear criminal background check and negative substance abuse screening. In addition, students are required to meet physical requirements and Dietetics Program immunization requirements, proof of CPR for healthcare provider and ServSafe Manager Certification, and valid Texas driver license prior to starting practicum rotation.
- Students not enrolled in dietetic courses for two consecutive semesters will be removed from the program.
- Students must complete all courses with a “C” or better.
TCC Dietary Manager Program is an approved program by the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals.
Licensing Notice: Texas House Bill 1508
This program prepares a student for an occupational license. However, the student may not be eligible for licensing if they have a prior criminal history. For more details, see House Bill 1508 Licensing Requirements .