Total Degree Hours: 65
* Creative Arts/Language, Philosophy, and Culture elective must be chosen from the corresponding section of the Core Curriculum .
Selective Admission Criteria:
All applicants to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program are required to attend an information session before the application deadline.
- Students must be TSI compliant
- Hold a TCCD Student Colleague Number
- Must meet with the CTE advisor
- Currently have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Successfully complete the Ultrasound Student Assessment (USA) Exam through Pegasus Lectures. This exam can only be taken once per application period.
- IELTS 6.5 minimum score or TOEFL iBT test 83 as a minimum score for ESL students
For additional information refer to the TCC website.
Prior to application, students with international college credits must contact International Admissions 817-515-1570 to verify those courses that will transfer to TCC.
Once admitted to the program students must maintain a minimum grade of “C” (78%) in all courses found within the degree plan.
Students who are selected for admission must perform and pass a drug screening and criminal background check, both of which must report negative prior to and for the duration of the program. Additional drug screening and criminal background checks may be required within the program. Required immunizations must be completed prior to the beginning of classes.
Licensing Notice: Texas House Bill 1508
This program prepares a student for an occupational license. However, the student may not be eligible for licensing if they have a prior criminal history. For more details, see House Bill 1508 Licensing Requirements .