Total Certificate Hours: 33
* The completion of EMSP 1501 and EMSP 1160 does not assure admission into the Emergency Medical Services or Paramedic Program.
** Students must be TSI compliant to register for EMSP classes.
Special Admissions Criteria and Program Information:
A selection committee reviews the applications and selects those applicants who best meet the following criteria (listed in random order):
- Grade point average (GPA) taken from high school or college transcripts as applicable.
- GED scores if high school/college is not applicable.
- Bonus points for college general education courses required for the program for which a grade of “C” or better was made.
- Bonus points for college science courses required for the program and the GPA of those courses.
- Priority preference will be given to applicants who have completed Anatomy and Physiology I and II.
Applicants must hold a current Texas EMT certificate.
Only the criteria listed are evaluated and considered for the purpose of selection and admission to the Paramedic Program. No specific minimum grade point average or minimum number of courses must be completed for admission. Selection is based on how each applicant compares with others in the applicant pool. In general, the higher the grades, the more competitive the applicant will be for the positions available.
Students must undergo screening for substance abuse and a criminal background check in order to remain enrolled in the program. Details are provided at an orientation meeting prior to the beginning of classes.
Student must complete and earn a grade of “C” or better in each specialized course.
The Tarrant County College Emergency Medical Services Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756 Phone 727-210-2350 www.caahep.org
To contact CoAEMSP: 8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312, Rowlett, TX 75088. Phone 214-703-8445 FAX 214-703-8992 www.coaemsp.org
After successful completion of this program, the student will be eligible to take the examination for certification as a Paramedic by the National Registry of EMT’s, and apply for certification by the Texas Department of State Health Services.