The Cornerstone Honors Program provides honors courses and a honors degree for a wide range of students. This degree increases opportunities for scholarships at four-year institutions.
To take honors courses and/or to seek the honors degree, a student must qualify by one of these standards:
- Be a top 10% high school graduate,
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4-point scale,
- Have an ACT score of 25 (composite) or higher,
- Have an SAT score of 1100 (combined critical reading and math) or higher,
- Have a TCC GPA of 3.5 or higher over a minimum of 12 semester hours excluding developmental courses, or
- Provide evidence of outstanding leadership ability and/or community service.
To apply, qualified students must submit the following:
- An honors application and two teacher recommendations, forms for which can be obtained from any participating TCC campus or online.
- A 200 to 500 word essay about a personal, local or national issue or about a significant person, experience, achievement or goal.
- An official high school or college transcript.
A grade point average of 3.0 is required for graduation. A minimum grade of C must be earned in each course presented for graduation.
Offered at South, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, and Trinity River Campus