Total Certificate Hours: 40
Selective Admission Criteria:
All applicants to the Medical Assistant Program are required to attend an information session before the applicant deadline. Complete details of the Medical Assistant program admissions process may be found on the TCC website.
- Students must be TSI compliant
- Hold a TCCD Student Colleague Number
- Successfully complete the HESI A2 entrance exam with a minimum score of 70 in each section
- Must meet with the CTE advisor
- IELTS 6.5 minimum score or TOEFL iBT test with 83 as a minimum score for ESL students
Prior to application students with international college credits must contact the International Admissions office at 817-515-1570, to verify those courses that will transfer to TCC.
Once admitted to the program students must maintain a minimum grade of “C” (75%) in all courses found within the degree plan.
Students who are selected for admission must perform and pass a drug screening and criminal background check, both of which must report negative in order to remain in the program.
Required immunizations must be completed prior to the beginning of clinical rotations.
After successful completion of the above curriculum, the student is eligible to take the certification examination to become a Certified Medical Assistant.