Total Certificate Hours: 43
Students must meet requirements of Texas Success Initiative (TSI) , including assessment prior to enrollment in any college-level coursework and any indicated developmental education or other strategy for achieving college readiness.
Selective Admission Criteria:
All applicants to the Surgical Technology Program must attend an information session before the application deadline. Application information may be found on the TCC website.
- Students who are selected for admission must undergo screening for substances of abuse and a criminal background check prior to the start of clinical rotations.
- International students must contact the International Admissions office at 817-515-1570.
- Once admitted to the program students must complete and earn a minimum grade of C in each specialized course.
- Most/all of the specialized courses are taught only during the day.
- After successful completion of the above curriculum, the student is eligible to take the certification examination to become a certified Surgical Technologist through the Association of Surgical Technologists.
The Tarrant County College Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756. Phone 727-210-2350.