Total Degree Hours: 64
* Creative Arts/Language, Philosophy, and Culture must be chosen from the corresponding section of the Core Curriculum .
Special Admissions Criteria and Program Information:
All applicants to the Radiologic Technology Program are required to attend an information session before the application deadline. Complete details of the Radiologic Technology program admissions process may be found on the TCC website.
- Students must be TSI compliant
- Hold a TCCD Student Colleague Number
- Must meet with the CTE advisor
- Currently have Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Successfully Complete the HESI A2 Entrance Exam minimum score of 70 in each section
- IELTS 6.5 minimum score or TOEFL iBT test 83 minimum score for ESL students
This program is a selective admissions offering.
Prior to application, students with international college credits must contact International Admissions 817-515-1570 to verify those courses that will transfer to TCCD.
Once admitted to the program students must maintain a minimum grade of “C” (75%) in all courses found within the degree plan.
Students who are selected for admission must perform and pass a drug screening and criminal background check, both of which must report negative in order to remain in the program. Required immunizations must be completed prior to the beginning of classes.
After satisfactory completion of the above curriculum, the student is eligible to take the national examination to become certified as a Registered Radiologic Technologist (R) with the AART. Graduates may also choose to sit for additional registries related to the field or radiography.
The Tarrant County College Radiology Technology program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, Illinois 60606-3182.